Director of User Experience
Are you a talented UX Director with a passion for growing and leading a team in creating amazing user experiences? Do you yearn to make a difference and advance the way people interactively interface with an organization’s brand, product or service? Do you seek out unique challenges where you can push limits and pioneer new techniques that help provide visual solutions to complex problems?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we understand what makes you tick because we’re just like you.
We are seeking a Director of User Experience to join our team and help, lead and grow our User Experience Design team. You’ll be in a fast paced, collaborative environment focused on delivering interactive solutions for our enterprise clients. There’s never a boring day at blueriver because no two clients are alike and no two projects are ever the same. It’s always exciting, but when you love what you do and who you’re doing it with, work is interchangeable with play. That’s exactly the way we like it.
If blueriver sounds like the ideal place for you to work and thrive, please read on.
You will lead the the strategy, and design of our clients’ digital programs while also acting as the lead user experience mentor for our team. You will be responsible for growing and managing a team of user experience designers who are responsible for visualizing the needs of our clients on a daily basis. You’ll collaborate with visual designers, content strategists, developers, and clients to strategize and deliver meaningful digital experiences. This position requires working knowledge of business analysis, qualitative research, digital strategy, customer experience modeling, information architecture UX and UI design.
- Define, refine and own the organization’s design process from start to finish
- Manage client engagements from a strategic and visual perspective
- Undertake user research (qualitative and quantitative) to develop design approaches that solve client challenges
- Plan, design, and document digital experiences that support our clients objectives
- Strategize and design digital experiences, products, and services for clients
- Collaborate with internal staff of designers, developers and project leads to drive user experience ideas and ensure they are carried out
- Continually engage with our clients to uncover opportunities for improvement to their digital experiences
- Play an active role in new business initiatives, where you will pitch, scope, and plan large-scale design and customer experience engagements
- Prepare and present all visual concepts and digital experience strategies in a confident and compelling fashion.
- Consult with organizational leadership to define opportunities to improve departmental processes.
- Recruiting and managing talented designers as part of the design team
- Manage and mentor experience designers through practice development, critical feedback and critique.
- 3 to 5 years leading a UX department and team members within a creative or digital agency
- A strong portfolio of successful projects completed under your direction
- Experience designing and leading projects in the B2B and B2E(employee) space
- Familiarity and experience with facilitating and conducting Design Sprint Workshops
- Experience pitching concepts and new ideas to existing and potential clients
- Experience recruiting and identifying new UX design candidates
- Understanding of UX role within an Agile methodology
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision and other standard visual design tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
Preferred but not Required
4 year Bachelors Degree (B.S., B.A., B.F.A) or other certification in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or other related field.
Work is completed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately quiet.
Position is classified as Exempt under FLSA and California law. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies.
- A MacBook Pro loaded up with software
- Regular 1:1’s and goal-setting with leadership
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Discretionary flexible work options (after probationary period)
- Quarterly team events
We’re blueriver, a digital innovation firm that focuses on improvement and disruption of the status quo. We design, develop and support digital products for some of the largest, high profile brands in the world.
We are located in Sacramento, California. Nestled between the Bay Area and Lake Tahoe, Sacramento is a rapidly growing city known for its food, music and recreational amenities. Sacramento provides all the benefits of city life with quick access to weekend getaways and outdoor adventures. All of this comes at a cost of living that you can actually live with.