AWS Cloud Systems Engineer
Nearshore Technology is a high-tech outsourcing company providing IT services to Fortune 1000 companies with a focus in Healthcare, Financial Services and Technology. Nearshore is headquartered in the US with growing offices in Mexico. Our goal is to provide high quality IT services with exceptional customer service to our clients while creating a fun environment to work in. Nearshore is passionate about what we do, and we are looking for people that share that passion.
Come work for a fun company with great opportunity for growth and training. We know our employees are our most asset and we look forward to adding you to the team.
5+ years experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of AWS system administration experience with emphasis on ec2, VPC, IAM, SQS, s3, RDS, CloudWatch, Storage Gateway
- 5+ years of Linux system administration experience
- Experience with automation with tools like Ansible, Terraform or similar
- Experience with LAMP/LEMP stack
- Ability to work across global cross functional organization with people of different perspectives, experiences and remote locations
- Ability to recognize technical needs and recommend suitable technologies
- Willingness to tackle any challenge, even if not directly relevant to core competencies
- Candidates must be able to adjust to business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, Devops and scrum principles
- Deployment and configuration management tools, in particular Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible
- Caching technologies, specifically NGINX, redis, varnish and/or CloudFront
- Basic scripting languages, e.g. Bash, Python, Ansible
- Git & GitHub
- Design and deployment of AWS cloud infrastructure using industry best practices for security, performance, fault tolerance and high availability
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and automation
- Design, implement and support systems and application monitoring systems
- Provide leadership in infrastructure methodologies and techniques including migrations, rebuilds or re-architecture/refactoring
- Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation using modern DevOps tools and methodologies
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Advise on and implement systems and strategies for compliance with HIPAA/HITECH and PCI-DSS
- Mentor existing staff on Linux administration, cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
- Conduct all job tasks, duties, and interactions with professionalism, respect, a positive attitude, and in accordance with company compliance policies and applicable government regulations
- Consistently support and demonstrate the company's mission and values.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry best practices; disseminate and apply information as needed.
- Identifies and communicates ideas for improved efficiency and performance.
- Provides backup support for the IT team members as directed.
- Completes and/or participates in special projects.
- Participates in company-sponsored events, committees, meetings, etc.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- PHP frameworks, such as Yii2 (and making use of composer)
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 or greater; 16.04 preferred
- AppArmor or SELinux
- NGINX and Apache