Senior Network Engineer
- Deliver data as a service, ensuring consistency, durability, availability and performance of relational and non-relational datastores across a wide variety of applications and services.
- Build and maintain comprehensive database monitoring to manage performance, prioritize improvements and predict data growth.
- Evangelize and implement a lifecycle approach to data and capacity management.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers to evaluate and select new storage technologies.
- Participate in rigorous learning-focused review of your own and others' code and configuration.
- Work with colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
8+ years of experience
BS Computer Science
Expert-level understanding of core network concepts, including routing, encapsulation, tunneling, and network address translation.
Experience selecting, configuring and monitoring physical and virtualized network devices.
Experience designing, configuring and managing client VPNs and site-to-site connectivity with active/active redundancy.
Experience designing and configuring intrusion detection and responding to security incidents.
Expert-level skills troubleshooting network and connectivity problems.