Partners and friends:
Your NearShore Teams are already accustomed to being a key part of your globally-distributed workforce. While we don’t expect this to affect any of you, we wanted to share some preventative measures we are taking as a company in response to everything happening in our world.
We are constantly mindful of the health and safety of our shared teams, their families, and our communities. As much as we enjoy being on-site with you, and spending time together in our offices, social distancing is proving a very effective way for us to keep our local communities healthy. With this in mind, NearShore Technology will allowing our teams to support from home, wherever possible, and we have put a hold on any travel for the time being.
For us, it’s kind of business as usual. For those interested in the details, we are happy to share:
- Beginning Thursday, March 19th, our teams who are not lab, device, or network-dependent will begin working from home.
- Your teams will be online and available for meetings, video chats, and instant messaging as usual. Feel free to call them in the mornings to share a cup of coffee over a video chat, or ask for their favorite recipes (they have some incredible ones).
- Support for our clients will continue uninterrupted. There will be no impact to our availability, no change in our hours, and no delays in our teams’ deliverables to you as a result of this transition. We are still here for you and your teams, as we always are.
- Any transitions to home offices will take place after business hours, and all connectivity will be tested by our teams.
- Even with many team members supporting you from their homes, our offices will remain open each day for those who need to be on-site. Offices will be staffed by members of NearShore management, and open during normal hours.
- Our teams have the full support of our leadership and management teams, who will be doing daily check-ins with their staff.
- On a weekly basis, the NearShore Partner Success Team will be sharing updates with you via email, to let you know how we are all doing and share any news we might have.
We appreciate your trust and partnerships, as well as your support and concern for your teams and for Mexico as a country.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your NearShore Partner Success Manager through normal channels, or email us at email@example.com.
Original update: March 13, 2020
Like most companies, we have spent the last several weeks learning about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For NearShore Technology, this means understanding how it affects our employees, partners, and communities, and developing the necessary plans to ensure safe continuation of our work and operations.
Our mission is to Add Value, and at this time that sentiment takes on a new meaning that guides us: protecting our people and our shared teams.
With that in mind, we are augmenting our business continuity plans in response to the threat of the COVID-19 coronavirus and developing detailed action plans, in the event they need to be exercised.
- We are continuously monitoring the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) updates and guidelines on the steps we all can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Necessary technology (laptops, specialized equipment, portable devices, etc.) will be made available to allow our employees to work from home, if needed.
- We have shared specific training and instructions with our employees on the importance of washing hands and disinfecting their workspaces.
- Our Mexico offices are cleaned daily with recommended disinfectants.
- A strict travel policy is in place for our employees to limit travel abroad for non-essential visits. In addition, we will abide by any travel policies enacted by our partners and clients. Travel requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Team members are able to support remotely if they feel sick or have returned from an area of the world known to have significant coronavirus-related risk. (Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.)
- We are opting for video calling for large group gatherings when needed.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect our shared teams.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to help.
NearShore Technology Partner Success