- Understands basic software architecture concepts, and is able to participate in architectural discussions, as well as propose architectural changes or enhancements.
- Understands and implements logging, tracing, and unit tests in new and existing software.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug existing software and provide technical field support.
- Shows innovation and creativity in solving problems; draws upon different sources for ideas and solutions.
- Understands database architecture, interfaces, and is able to participate in the design of robust databases and their associated support structures.
- Can implement basic designs and layouts for thick-client or web-based user interfaces.