• Deliver data as a service, ensuring consistency, durability, availability and performance of relational and non-relational datastores across a wide variety of applications and services.
• Build and maintain comprehensive database monitoring to manage performance, prioritize improvements and predict data growth.
• Evangelize and implement a lifecycle approach to data and capacity management.
• Collaborate with other senior engineers to evaluate and select new storage technologies.
• Participate in rigorous learning-focused review of your own and others' code and configuration.
• With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A B.S. or higher in computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience administering on-premise and cloud-hosted Postgres and SQL Server databases.
- Expert-level skills writing, troubleshooting and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated interest and experience with one or more non-relational storage platforms (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra...)
- Demonstrated interest and experience managing infrastructure as code.
Nice to Have
- Bonus for experience with event-driven data pipelines and/or integrating on-premise and cloud-hosted systems.
- Relocation Package
- Permanent - Full Time Job
- Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
- Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts
- 100% Payroll scheme
- Career Path
- Cool offices and a collaborative environment
- American Company culture
- Health & Wellness program for employees