The Cloud Engineer empowers development teams through the introduction, development and/or maintenance of efficient tools, processes, and cloud based infrastructures. The Cloud Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the underlying platform with
a focus on reliability, security, and efficiency of engineering teams. In this capacity, the engineer will help deliver engaging, modern cloud solutions, strategies, migrations and applications.
- Build and maintain internal PaaS systems in the cloud and implement the set-up of geographically redundant and highly available systems.
- Work in tandem with other internal engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Provide support for issues to other internal engineering teams using internal PaaS systems.
- Administer cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Build and maintain utility tools and libraries to support services managed by other engineering teams.
- Design reliable, interoperable components to support internal applications with web application architecture.
- Implement metrics and monitoring systems for full stack visibility and incident response.
- Maintain and improve cloud deployment tools to keep CI/CD systems operating smoothly.
- Educate other engineering teams on the operation of internal cloud systems as well as best practices for reliability and performance in their applications.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2 years of professional experience developing web-based applications.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX and Docker containerized environments.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform, and preferably Cloud Formation.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as PostgreSQL.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively solve issues.
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible with working in tandem with a team of engineers or alone, as required.
- Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Kafka.
We offer amazing benefits for all our workers and try to make the process as easy as possible for any candidate interested in working in this amazing company.
- Remote work
- Telework costs support towards Electricity and Internet
- Permanent - Full Time Job
- Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
- Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts, Saving Funds, and Christmas Bonus.
- 100% Payroll scheme
- Career Path
- Collaborative environment
- Healthy Work Culture
- Health & Wellness program
- Life insurance in case of accidental death
- Internal Referral Program
External Referral Program
If this position is not the right fit for you, refer someone and if hired, receive a $100 USD AMAZON gift card per hire.
Back to All Job Postings