The Ruby on Rails Developer is responsible for developing features and maintaining company software applications. The Ruby on Rails Developer partners with other Engineers to review and deploy quality code. This individual interacts and has regular meetings with the Program Manager and other Engineers to communicate progress on weekly development plans.
- Write well-documented and structured code daily to meet weekly software development goals.
- Attend weekly development meetings and actively participate in discussions around best weekly software development goals and best practices.
- Complete all assigned tasks in the ticketing system including new development and maintenance requests.
- Submit code for evaluation and feedback from Engineering team members through use of a version control tool.
- Consistently write unit and integration tests around code and maintain the company test suite.
- Develop an understanding of software development methodologies and styles that are most effective.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 2-3 years of professional software development experience in back-end web application stack with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of version control tools such as Git.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Single Sign On (SSO), ReactJS, Amazon WebServices (AWS), Docker.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, especially with Rspec.
- Understanding of industry development standards.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application. .
We offer amazing benefits for all our workers and try to make the process as easy as possible for any candidate interested in working in this amazing company.
- Remote work
- Telework costs support towards Electricity and Internet
- Permanent - Full Time Job
- Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
- Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts, Saving Funds, and Christmas Bonus.
- 100% Payroll scheme
- Career Path
- Collaborative environment
- Healthy Work Culture
- Health & Wellness program
- Life insurance in case of accidental death
- Internal Referral Program
External Referral Program
If this position is not the right fit for you, refer someone and if hired, receive a $100 USD AMAZON gift card per hire.
Back to All Job Postings