This role collaborates with counterparts in Software Technology Systems and other organizations in all aspects of Quality Management Systems (QMS) compliance and implementation of established Software Quality Engineering and Testing best practices and processes to ensure the highest possible quality products, applications, solutions.
Software Quality Engineering designs tests, develops and maintains test plans and test cases. Conducts all forms of testing across a diverse suite of software products, assuring the highest quality products are developed. Ensures quality is built into software development products by utilizing a combination of preventative and appraisal methods, at all phases of development, to keep defects from getting into production.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of software quality concepts and discipline.
- Implements existing software quality strategies and processes.
- Participates in the development of new software quality processes.
- Defines, collects and publishes metrics.
- Executes complex test cases/scripts and interprets/analyzes results to report, communicate, and work through issues with software engineers.
- Interprets product design and requirements to engineer test approach and generates test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
- Takes on primary ownership for testing of a system.
- Conducts complex black box, system-level, functional testing.
- Creates basic test plans for white box testing.
- Develops white box test harnesses and tests.
- Can develop source code (minimum of one language applicable to development environment) as well as do scripting.
- Participate in research, selection, and implementation of new tools.
- In depth understanding of application domain encompassing entire system.
- Uses comprehensive expertise to improve and streamline software quality or development process.
- Represents Software Quality organization on cross-functional product development Core Teams.
- Considered expert in critical areas of the system and influences project test solutions.