The Business Systems Analyst is a liaison between end-users and the Information Technology department. The position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Interviews end-users to define business requirements for software modifications and enhancements. Meets with end-users to discuss enhancement requests as needed.
- Translates business requirements by reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating needs into functional specifications. Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Facilitates design sessions with the business and technical resources to ensure that the solutions meet the needs of the business. Consults with technical teams on design and database issues.
- Defines and documents requirements business rules to assist in the development of software specifications to include system requirements, flow charts, report mock-ups, and business rules.
- Drives projects to completion for those assigned. Develops project plans, prioritize project tasks, and provides status updates on project progress to management and stakeholders.
- Develops business processes that ensure developed application meet project requirements. Help ensure that projects are completed on time, accurate to defined specifications and within budget.
- Performs quality control checks on software before it is released to the QA department. Provides support to software development and QA staff as needed.
- Independently handles, prioritizes and manages multiple Service Requests (SR’s) throughout entire software development life cycle. Handles software release management of designated applications.
- Utilizes technical and business knowledge gained of MedImpact supported products to provide technical consultation to end-users relating to business processes, system requirements, and other technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree from and accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4+ years’ related experience (PBM or healthcare industry experience preferred).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge or exposure to tools: Visio, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Oracle (or relational) database; JAVA or Object-oriented programming concepts, On-line transaction processing (OLTP), AIX/Solaris/Unix or development platforms.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Business Analysis Best Practices (BABOK).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Project planning skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Business requirements gathering and elicitation techniques.
- Defining solutions and requirements.
- Change and conflict management skills.
- Leading or facilitating meetings.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills(written/verbal).
- Interviewing skills to gather and understand user needs.
Nice to have skills:
- Use Case Modeling
- Activity and Swim Lane Diagrams.
- Unified Modeling Language; web application concepts.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Business and technical understanding of Pharmacy products and services.
We offer amazing benefits or all our workers and try to make the process as easy as possible for any candidate with interest in working in this amazing company.
- Remote work
- Telework costs support towards Electricity and Internet.
- Permanent - Full Time Job
- Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
- Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts.
- 100% Payroll scheme
- Career Path
- Cool offices and a collaborative environment.
- American Company culture
- Health & Wellness program for employees
Back to All Job Postings