This is a web development role performing product development and maintenance of web functionality on very large sites. The client creates products that deliver very large (millions of pages) SEO optimized websites for customers such as Expedia, Advance Auto, Home Depot, Staples, and many more. Our large sites are created with custom software and a big data focus. You will be working with a mix of exciting technologies including WordPress, PHP, AWS, Apache Spark, Docker, and more.
- Help maintain an auxiliary data repository used by the client. This involves importing and exporting data to and from databases such as MySQL, Postgres, and data stores on Amazon S3 accessible directly or with tools such as SQL and Databricks.
- Supports creation and maintenance of website functionality.
- Creates and implements CSS and HTML graphic user interface (GUI) elements from design mock-ups.
- Develops and modifies WordPress plugins, themes, and code.
- Writes MySQL queries to support MMG Pages product development and project site delivery.
- Runs data refreshes for web content via pre-existing, scripted processes that are part of the product, and the continuous integration flow.
- Supports creation and maintenance of website functionality
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science majors preferred.