• Evaluates software documentation and software processes associated with products under test.
• Follows a structured testing methodology and environments.
• Reviews requirements for projects and provides feedback and estimates
• Supports development of testing documentation, including test plans, estimates scope and work effort, procedures, test scripts, test results and hardware/software installation and set-up instructions.
• Collaborates with non-technical cross-functional team members.
• Executes and tracks testing on assigned products, including new products and modifications to existing systems
• Communicates software issues through defects and enhancement requests to project team.
• Research and document software issues.
• Help to keep confluence pages up to date.
• Actively provides status to lead or supervisor on assigned projects
• Tasks as assigned based on business needs.
• Be a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude.
• B.S. degree required preferably in information technology, computer science or related (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with 3 - 5 years’ related experience in software quality assurance testing methodology.
• Experienced in manual functional, system and end to end testing.
• Experienced in “black box” and “white box” testing techniques.
• Experience in data validation required for functional and end to end testing.
• Adept at writing test cases/scripts, anomaly reporting and software analysis.
• Experience testing web, native apps and back-end applications.
• Experience testing RESTful web services.
• Familiar with setting up test scripts using SOAPUI, Jmeter, Postman or swagger.
• Familiar with JSON and/or YAML
• Database knowledge: Familiar with database structures, SQL queries and joins. Candidate should be able to query a relational DB.
• Experience testing across web browsers including configuration, cache, and debugging techniques.
• Experience working with defect management and test management tools (examples: JIRA, HP Quality Center, ClearQuest, Bugzilla)
• Testing experience within an organization that has utilized Rapid or Agile software development life cycles is desirable.
• Experience executing or developing and maintaining automated software tests with open-source and licensed tools (examples include Selenium, TestNG, Java, Maven, Ready API, REST Assured, Test Complete).
• Exposure to AWS
Nice to have:
• Hands on experience with at least one programming language.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of web programming.
• Exposure to automation testing is nice to have
• Experience with UNIX systems is desirable.
• Experience with browser testing tools like HTTPWatch, FireBug, WireShark, and Fiddler are desirable.
Why work at Nearshore Technology?
• NST adds value to employees and their communities.
• Work Stability
• We are all like a family
• Employees are recognized
• We have an Employee Sucess department that creates happiness by caring for us and families.
• Empathy with Employees
• The leadership team is respectful, involved, and approachable
• NST is a growing Company
• Improved employee benefits
• Competitive Salaries
Join the Nearshore Family and #ComeCulturewithUS
We offer amazing benefits to all our workers and try to make the process as easy as possible for any candidate with interest in working in this amazing company.
• Remote work
• Telework costs support towards Electricity and Internet
• Permanent - Full Time Job
• Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
• Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts
• 100% Payroll scheme
• Career Path
• Cool offices and a collaborative environment
• American Company culture
• Health & Wellness program for employees