This role will be responsible for administration of databases and servers in Azure cloud that support production solutions that are very large OLTP DB systems with high transaction rates. The Database Administrator will be proficient in MS SQL Server operations and toolsets, as well as the execution of activities including, but not limited to, installation, configuration, maintenance, operation, upgrades and tuning. The candidate should have a strong technical background, is confident and decisive, works well under pressure, is able to juggle multiple priorities and has excellent documentation and communication skills.
Location: Merida, Puebla or Remote.
- Manage AZURE / SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Leverage Cloud PaaS and IaaS offerings to build services in support of data liquidity, data management and storage, data pipelines including both traditional ETL and streaming platforms, master data management and data stewardship.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for ensuring database security and access controls in a highly regulated environment.
- Apply Cloud and Object-Oriented design and resiliency patterns.
- Provide subject matter expertise on performance tuning and query optimization to full-stack peers and data analysts.
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance.
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes.