• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
• 3 years’ experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails and how-to knowledge to architect an app in Rails. (We will consider exceptional candidates with experience on other Web Application frameworks).
• Detail-oriented with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly.
• Experience or Knowledge with Test Driven Development is a plus. RSPEC and Jasmine are preferred.
• Working knowledge of CSS, HTML, and Object-oriented programming.
• Basic knowledge of SQL required
• Experience with version contro (GIT)
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
• Organizational ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
• Natural collaborator and communicator with a sense of humor who prefers developing in a team environment.
• Work as a member of a cross-functional team to develop new web-based modules using Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL, using RSpec and Jasmine to write unit tests.
• Successfully interact with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architects daily to produce high-quality results in a timely fashion.
• Remain current on web development techniques.
• Suggest new tools and methods to improve development efficiency.