NearShore Technology has recently partnered with a large multinational leader in the commercial building equipment field as one of its strategic innovation partners. We will be developing Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for a variety of products used to provide water and air handling solutions in commercial buildings. The goal is to make such products “smart” by collecting, transmitting, and reporting live data to technicians through a cloud-based application. Our work will focus on the integration of IoT devices, commercial building products, cloud-based data management, and reporting to mobile devices. We will be prototyping, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, and maturing the technology from prototypes for technical and production readiness. You will be working with an international and cross-functional team.
Location: Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and executing test cases to assess functionality of prototype devices in typical real-world environments using a risk-based approach to product design.
- Documentation of technical test results.
- Preparing and presenting technical plans and results in English.
- Providing practical recommendations back to the engineering design teams to improve robustness of the IoT solution.
- Working hands-on with a wide variety of hardware and tools to safely test prototypes of IoT-equipped typically found in commercial buildings such as electric and gas water heaters, and heating-ventilation-air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
- Designing and performing measurement system analysis procedures such as Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R).