- Work closely with fellow engineers and team leads to architect data storage, flow and lifecycle.
- Design and implement simple but powerful data models.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable data-oriented code and configuration to ensure consistency, durability, availability and accessibility of our research, engineering, and manufacturing datasets.
- Plan and collaboratively execute multi-step data migrations to minimize downtime.
- Evangelize and apply infrastructure-as-code practices to ensure consistency across development, test and production environments.
- Solicit and participate in rigorous learning-focused code review.
- With colleagues in Data Systems, triage incoming requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
- With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A B.S. or higher in computer science, engineering, math or physical sciences.
- 5+ years of hands-on data and software engineering.
- Hands-on approach. You will be actively engaged in design and development of data handling and storage for software applications.
- Systems-level thinking. You will approach your work holistically, and the quality of your solutions shows your careful consideration of all aspects of each problem.
- Skills and experience implementing relational, document-oriented and key-value storage architectures.
- Skills and experience implementing event-driven data pipelines.
- Bonus for experience with Python, C#, SCADA/PLC time-series data, laboratory measurement-generated datasets, and/or software that interacts with the physical world.
- Bonus for experience with scientific operations management, manufacturing execution, and/or enterprise resource planning.
- Relocation Package
- Permanent - Full Time Job
- Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
- Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts
- 100% Payroll scheme
- Career Path
- Cool offices and a collaborative environment
- American Company culture
- Health & Wellness program for employees